Why am I a Quaker?
By Themis Papaioannou
- I am a Quaker because Christ led me to this people.
- I am a Quaker because Christ revealed Himself to me in all His Offices. Thus Christ is more than Lord, Saviour and King. He is Prophet and Teacher. Captain and Shepherd. He has come to teach us, His people, Himself!
- I am a Quaker because Christ opened to me that He is the Light, that He enlightens every man, woman, boy and girl on this earth [John 1:9].
- I am a Quaker because I know Christ as my Friend [John 15:14-15].
- I am a Quaker because Christ led me to love every fellow human, from the holiest to the worst criminal. I have no enemies, everyone is a friend in need of Christ, even if they hate me, I love them and pray that they come into the Love of Christ.
- I am a Quaker because Christ made me hate all war, but not just sit passive, but do the best I can to promote peace.
- I am a Quaker because Christ showed me that there is but one standard of Truth, so I must not swear at all, oaths mean that one might lie...
- I am a Quaker because I believe in the equality of all in Christ.
- I am a Quaker because I believe that the Kingdom of God is here and now and our work is to bring others into it.
- I am a Quaker because I know that Christ is within, the Temple is within, the Light is within... but that also the Antichrist, Babylon, Darkness are within...
- I am a Quaker because Christ Jesus led me to care about society, not just wait for the end...
- I am a Quaker because I know the true inward Baptism, and the Communion with Christ and His Church.
- I am a Quaker because I know that the written words in Holy Scripture point to a Living relationship with the Living Word, Christ Jesus, the same who was born from the Virgin Mary, died for us on the Cross and Rose from the dead.
- I am a Quaker because I know that the best life, is living simply and thanking God for simple things.
- I am a Quaker because I cannot accept that one man is better than another, all need Christ, and live through Him.
- I am a Quaker because I believe in the sanctity of all human life thus cannot accept war, abortion, murder, euthanasia or the death penalty.
- I am a Quaker because I tremble with awe before God and ask for a humble and contrite spirit.
- These are some of the reasons of why I am a Quaker...